Sonntag, 14. Juli 2013

He will not leave you nor forsake you

For I cannot but speak of what God has done! I am very thankful to see how God is answering prayers of the last three years. He is good!
Since the beginning of Campos Blancos School, the paper work has always been a headache for me. I didn't understand a lot of especially the formal language, there were no clear instructions of how things should be done, promised help was not reliable, offices delayed, time was missing to work on it ... I was confused and frustrated. In those three years I learned a lot, many things moved and we are much closer to the official permission than ever before, but we still run without it, the parents started getting concerned and rumors in town don't help our reputation.
Until last Wednesday, when I lay sick in bed, already a little stressed because on Thursday the American Ambassador would come and visit the ministry and I would have to present Campos Blancos School, when I received a phone call giving me the news that the inspector of all the bilingual school in the country will come on Friday to check out the school, which was to be an important step in the process for the permission. I was stressed out. I cried. I wasn't sure if it was good news or not, because I felt not ready, some papers were still missing, I didn't have strengths to prepare. But after a prayer for help to the Lord, I got up and started making arrangements and preparations. The Bible Verse encouraged me "I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me." The visit of the Ambassador on Thursday was very blessed, but I was even more nervous for Friday. God gave me the text of a song which comes from Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them, for the Lord, your God, He is the one, who goes with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you." I like most the part where it says be not afraid OF THEM. :) It resounded in my mind while I was busy and I realized that all this is nothing about me, but only about the work of God and it filled my heart with peace.
Doña Blancita came accompanied by a colleague of hers who got retired just about a month ago. After a welcome and some starting conversations, we were able to show them the campus and share more about this whole ministry and its mission. We went over to the school, where the children sang a couple songs and shared why they like to be in this school - what they had practiced just a day before with the Ambassador. The inspector and her collegue saw the classrooms and the construction site, and while we walked away, back to the administration, they both started commenting on what a great work that is, a big blessing to the community, and the man even said he would like to come as a volunteer and assist us. :) The Holy Spirit has definitely impacted them! An answered prayer! As we sat down again, we started talking about the contentment of the parents, but also their worries of the missing permission for the school. And she started by saying that all the past years and the diplomas of the children will be legalized. Wow! Another answered prayer! And she asked for a paper and started writing down and explaining the things that are still not clear in our documents and structures. An answer to many prayers and searches for specific information and support! And I could see her spirit of helping and supporting us. I was sooo thankful! From this point on only a couple things are missing that look easy and clear to be arranged and we will be able to get the provisional permission. This will be valid for two years, after which we will be able to request the definite permission. The visit ended with a very nice atmosphere, talking, laughing, a prayer and we stayed back with hearts overflowing with thankfulness! God is in control and I am sure that He has still many beautiful plans with the school and all its children and their families! Thank you God for being faithful and help me to trust more in your faithfulness!

Now I can finally be sick in peace. :)
Wishing you a blessed new week with many warm greetings from Honduras,
Manuela

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen